GitLab 5.2 released
Today we release GitLab v5.2. We added forks, code search, turbolinks and much more awesome stuff.
The 4 most important improvements in GitLab 5.2
- Forking. You can a fork project into its own namespace now.
- Code search. You search inside the project with a search bar on top panel.
- Turbolinks. GitLab is much faster because almost all requests does not reload the page.
- Shared deploy keys. You can use a deploy key for as many projects as you need and one project can use multiple keys.
This release most valuable person (MVP) is Angus MacArthur for contributing the forking feature, thanks Angus!
- Code search
- Shared Deploy keys
- Advanced gfm autocomplete
- Extra customization (google analytics, custom text on sign in page)
- Public projects are more accessible for authenticated users(issues, merge requests)
- You can push to git-http with ldap credentials
- Git submodules listing under Files tab
- Commit page error if there is a huge diff
This release should be an easy upgrade from 5.1. Please use the upgrade guide doc :)
For full list see CHANGELOG
For new setup follow Setup Guide
For update instructions see Update Guide