GitLab CE 6.6 released!
As you know, Gitlab is open source software made for collaborative coding. Today we released a new version of GitLab Community Edition (CE), with new features and bug fixes.
The MVP of this release is Drew Blessing for his contribution "Mobile UI improvement"
In this release we updated Rails to 4.0.3, which solves some security issues. For more information see rails blog post. We advise everyone to upgrade.
- Improved performance for large groups (with 100+ members)
- Developers can manage the issue tracker (modify and reassign any issue)
- Links to markdown headers
- Large diffs are handled better
- The user page of a user is now publicly visible if the person is a member of a public project.
- Ability to filter by multiple labels for Issues page
For a full list of changes see the CHANGELOG.
Notification settings redesign
File view: Highlight.js and last commit for file
We moved the file syntax highlighting from the server side to the client side, thanks to this awesome library. http://highlightjs.org/
Nice violet theme
If you are setting up a new GitLab installation see the installation section of the README.
If you have version 6.4.2 or 6.5 you can use the upgrade script.
If you still want to do it manually - see the Update Guide.
For LDAP group support and more have a look at the feature list of GitLab Enterprise Edition.
Access to GitLab Enterprise Edition is included with a GitLab.com subscription.