- You are here:
- Support Engineer
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Technical Skills
- Able to triage and resolve GitLab issues
- Able to perform complex Linux system administration tasks
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Communication Skills
- Communicate clearly with customers on technical topics
- Take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Makes customers happy
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a technical first interview with a Support Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a customer Support interview with a Support Engineer
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our Support Lead
- Next, all candidates will have an additional technical interview with the VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.