- You are here:
- GitLab Culture
- GitLab Top Team Member
Top Team Member
A Top Team Member (T2M) exemplifies the GitLab Values beyond of the team of people they directly work with. You can only be nominated by a manager who you don't report to because this award recognizes cross-functional collaboration. As documented each winner gets a gift from the Ultimate Collection from Tinggly.
July 2017 Top Team Member
Brian Neel, Security Lead, is the July 2017 Top Team Member embodying collaboration!
Nomination reasons for how Brian demonstrated Collaboration:
- He has been instrumental in improving our logging so that we can better keep an eye on our infrastructure.
- He always helps with outages when possible
- His help with planning and creating the VPN allowed us to greatly increase our security of our infrastructure.
- He helped with planning of our infrastructure's network and the associated improvements in security.
- He is always willing to jump in to help whoever possible, even if it means he'll be operating outside his comfort zone.
- He has been a instrumental in several large deals from a Security standpoint. Brian is very responsive to email requests from Account Execs and makes himself available to join conference calls with prospective customers.
August 2017 Top Team Member
Victor Lopez, Senior Production Engineer, is the August 2017 Top Team Member embodying results!
Nomination reasons for how Victor demonstrated Results:
- Work on GitLab logging infrastructure. Having a solid logging platform enables us to use Gitlab.com's runtime data to make decisions around benchmarking, performance analysis, debugging, post-mortems, support, and more.
- Victor has enthusiastically picked up this task and is successfully wrangling our logging infrastructure back into shape.
September 2017 Top Team Member
Brittany Rohde People Operations Specialist, is the September 2017 Top Team Member embodying efficiency!
Nomination reasons for how Brittany demonstrated Efficiency:
- Being respectful of other's time making sure her communication was short and sweet
- Manager of one having a clear overview / todo list of what needed to be done
- Move fast by shipping the minimum viable change making sure decisions were made instead of delayed to not pile on work for later.
October 2017 Top Team Member
Victor Wu, Product Manager Discussion, is the October 2017 Top Team Member embodying diversity!
- Victor has gone above and beyond in leading a podcast focused on Diversity and has shown a strong interest and willingness to help GitLab be an inclusive workplace. https://stemdiversitypodcast.com/
November 2017 Top Team Member
Grzegorz Bizon, Senior Developer, is the November 2017 Top Team Member embodying the GitLab Values!
Nomination reasons for how Grzegorz demonstrated GitLab's values:
- Help setting up the Geo GitLab QA testing framework, displaying the values of Collaboration and Results
- The Geo team now has a suite of QA specs that run nightly, and can be run whenever a new Omnibus package is generated. This has already helped us to catch multiple regressions before they reached customers.
- The Geo team also has a list of scenarios to implement in the future, building on top of his excellent work: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-qa/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name.
December 2017 Top Team Member
Nadia Vatalidis, Recruiter, is the December 2017 Top Team Member embodying the GitLab Values!
Nomination reasons for how Nadia demonstrated GitLab's values:
- The energy and professionalism that Nadia brings to recruiting new talent to the company is amazing. As a first point of contact with the company for many potential recruits, she's an excellent ambassador for GitLab and personifies of our company values, particularly results and efficiency.
January 2018 Top Team Member
Brendan O'Leary, Implementation Engineer, is the January 2018 Top Team Member embodying the GitLab Values!
Nomination reasons for how Brendan demonstrated GitLab's values:
- Collaboration and Iteration: Whether Brendan is developing content for sales and marketing, participating in the Marketing Hack Day, or recording a product demo, he is easy to collaborate with, and he keeps moving forward with discrete, concise improvements.
- Marketing hack day examples:
- Collaborating on improving how our customers get educational content.
February 2018 Top Team Member
Andreas Brandl, Senior Database Engineer, is the February 2018 Top Team Member embodying the GitLab Values!
Nomination reasons for how Andreas demonstrated GitLab's values:
- Andreas has been very productive, incredibly helpful, manages his time/work very effectively, actively communicates the status of things, and engages with other teams to resolve issues; all that in his first month.
- Some examples of his work: