- You are here:
- GitLab Direction
- Product Vision - Mobile
Developing and delivering mobile apps with GitLab is a critical capability. Many technology companies are now managing a fleet of mobile applications, and being able to effectively build, package, test, and deploy this code in an efficient, effective way is a competitive advantage that cannot be understated. GitLab is taking improvements in this area seriously, with a unified vision across several of our DevOps stages.
We apply our global product strategy to thinking about Mobile users. We treat the following principles as our north stars:
- Single Developer Application - GitLab will expand in breadth to be your mobile development hub.
- Concurrent DevOps - All users throughout the mobile development lifecycle, whether they are in
QA, design, product management, security, release or support, will be able to contribute.
- Lovable Experience - Mobile developers deserve a tool that is friendly, slick, and makes them look like heroes.
Stages with mobile focus
There are several stages involved in delivering a comprehensive, quality mobile experience at GitLab. These include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Manage: Offering a shared MacOS runners fleet for doing iOS builds, comprehensive templates to get started quickly.
- Create: Web IDE features that allow you to easily manage the kinds of code and artifacts you work with during mobile development.
- Verify: Runners for MacOS, Linux-based builds for iOS.
- Package: Build archives for mobile applications.
- Release: Review apps for mobile development, code signing and publishing workflows to TestFlight or other distribution models.
Highlighted epics and issues
There are a few important issues you can check out to see where we're headed. We are collecting these in gitlab-org&769.