GitLab Portfolio Management: Upcoming features
2018H1 Advanced epics integrated with roadmaps
- Advanced epics supporting discussions, subscriptions, and integration with issues.
- Integration with roadmaps.
2018H1 Capacity and resource management
- Plan / estimate team capacity by using groups.
- Groups and subgroups to represent teams.
- Assign people hours/days/time unit as a capacity measure. Associate with entire team or individual team member.
- Allocate team members to issues and epics over time.
- Integrate with roadmap view to see projected completion time. Track in real time results.
2018H1 Time tracking and work management
- Improve existing time tracking feature in issues.
- Expand to epics and integrate with epics.
- Reporting on time tracking.
- Integrate with roadmap view to see past results and future projected results.
- Integrate with capacity and resource management.
2018H2 Code release management
- Manage code releases.
- Support release notes.
- Integrate with issues, epics, merge requests, and milestones.
- View code releases in the roadmap view.
- View epics and issues contributing to code releases
2018H2 Granular and flexible work breakdown structure
- Support granular and flexible work breakdown structure for issues and epics.
- Have epics of epics, i.e. sub-epics (nested epics).
- View and manage epics and issues at the group level.
- Navigate back up to higher abstraction (higher-level epics, starting all the way at the leaf node (an issue)).
- Integrate with roadmap view to quickly expand/collapse tree structures.
2018H2 Risk management
- Manage risk of epics not being completed on time.
- Indicate how at risk an epic is at for not meeting the deadline, based on integration with capacity and resource management features.
- Dashboards and notifications to surface risky projects/groups/epics.
2019H1 What-if scenario planning
- Visualize potential impact in the overall portfolio if you were to make a change, without actually persisting the change.
- If risk management features are telling you that you are falling behind in a particular epic, provide features to do a what-if re-allocation of resources to see what would be the impact.
- Deep integration with time tracking also to get the data.
- Integration with roadmap view to see the changes.
This page is generated from Edit this page on GitLab.com
— please contribute