- You are here:
- Engineering Compensation Roadmaps
Database Reliability Engineer Compensation Roadmap
180000 at the intermediate level in San Francisco, CA USA
||The description and career development materials need to be unified. The title is fine.
||We are attracting top candidates amd are on or ahead of our hiring plan.
||There have been litte-to-no complaints since the DBRE role replaced the DBA role in late 2018
||We are at or above the 75th percentile based on external data
||This role is well compensated compared to adjecent roles like Site Reliability Engineer and Security Engineer.
||This role has incentive bonuses at the Distinguished/Director level and above, but not at the Staff/Manager level
- Materials include the title, the job descriptions, and career development artifacts.
- Recruiting is how we are doing against our hiring plan.
- Employee Satisfaction can be based on survey results, comments in 1:1's, etc.
- External Comparables should be based on market data and come from our People Operations Analysts .
- Internal Comparables are based on other GitLab role benchmarks that are typically paid at the same rate and should be agreed upon by our People Operations Analysts.
- Bonus is based on whether a bonus should be paid, and whether the amount is correct based on market.
- A = People are happy, we easily meet our business goals, and we compare favorably to peer companies.
- B = Most people are happy, but we can be always be better.
- C = People are split but we think we know what we need to do but we need to get it approved.
- D = Most people are upset, we're not meeting our business goals, and have ideas but no consensus.
- F = Everyone is upset, we're badly missing our business goals, and we don't know how to fix it.
As of April 2, 2019 we believe we should advocate for the following:
- A cost-of-living increase in the next compensation review.
- We will try to make the case for an incentive bonus for the Staff/Manager level before the end of 2019