- You are here:
- Engineering Readmes
- Rebecca Spainhower's README
My Role and Responsibilities
For a quick summary of everything I feel is important as a Support Engineering Manager, please see this article by Lena Reinhard, VP of Product Engineering at CircleCI.
Tips on Excellent Management
A new manager's guide to growing into your role – from Atlassian blog on Leadership
Questions I Ask Myself
These questions are drawn from Gay Hendricks' book The Big Leap:
- What work do you do that doesn't seem like work?
- career development - for teammates and myself
- process improvements - thinking systematically and asking questions about alternatives
- document reviews and revamps (I love to read!)
- In your work, what produces the highest ratio of abundance and satisfaction to the amount of time spent?
- 1:1 meetings with teammates - building connection
- creating processes, documents, and guidelines that enable others to achieve work goals
- any activity that brings together diverse viewpoints and geographically distributed teammates
- What is your unique ability?
- fostering team camaraderie that endures over time