- You are here:
- Book clubs
On this page
From time to time, we run internal book clubs on a book from our leadership page. To propose a new book club, create an issue in the book clubs project.
High Output Management
Recorded parts of meetings are available in the YouTube playlist:
This book club was internal-only, intended specifically for engineering managers.
Suggestions on running a book club
- If possible, find a partner. Having two people run the book club has a number of advantages:
- Reduced pressure and workload.
- Lower chance of needing to reschedule to to illness or other emergency.
- Meetings start as a conversation, not a monologue.
- Add the book's title to the handbook if it isn't already listed.
- Record the meetings and post them to YouTube. If the participants agree, make the videos public.
- Set the expected reading schedule for the entire book before starting, so people know what level of reading is required.
- Create an agenda for each session seeded with interesting quotes and concepts from the relevant section of the book.
- Once the book club is done, seek feedback and update this handbook page!