At GitLab, we conduct quarterly business reviews to understand and learn from our interactions with customers. In Strategic Marketing, we support the QBR process and actively listen to both capture key learnings and to identify future actions that we can take to improve our messaging, positioning, and collateral to help our sales team help customers.
We attend and participate in each QBR.
In the QBR, we capture action items
first in a single SM Action Item google doc, and
then we create an issue to track the action item using the SM Request Process
Details - as a QBR attendee
Open the QBR action tracking document
Scroll to the QBR meeting that you are supporting (the document should be preloaded with the agenda and key links)
If needed, add links to the QBR Detailed Notes Document (where live notes are captured), and link to the Slides Folder, and individual rep Slides
Listen for specific strategic marketing requests or action items. Capture the action item in the google doc in as much detail as you can. Ask questions and get clarification - that's why you're in the QBR
Name Action Document "FYXX -QN - QBR Strategic Marketing Action Item" - where the FY and Quarter are for the upcoming quarter.
Move the Action Document to the correct FY folder.
Open the Action Document for editing and:
Update the Title "FYNN-QN" with the current FY and Quarter
At the bottom of Page 1 - Update the LINKs to the QBR Master Schedule, the QBR Slide Folder (top level), and the Epic that will be used to track QBR items
For EACH QBR Meeting:
1. Create a copy Page 2 (The section for each QBR action items) for EACH QBR Meeting.
1. Update the Header "Date-Region" to be the specific date and Region.
1. Add the link to the QBR Notes Document (If it exists yet)
1. Add the link to the QBR Slides folder for THIS SPECIFIC QBR.
1. From the QBR Agenda, update the Agenda Outline with the reps names in the order they are presenting.
1. IF their slides are loaded in the folder, Update their Name to include a link to their specific slide deck.
Update the QBR-Action-Itemissue template in the Product Marketing Project
Change the LINK to the Action Items Doc to point to the document you just created
Change the LINK to the Epic to point to this quarter's QBR EPIC
Change the LABEL quick action to match the QBR FY/Quarter