Opportunity consults are deal reviews that focus on helping a sales team member maximize the likelihood of winning and securing the customer's business. They are based on a joint inspection of the "health" of the opportunity's Command Plan and a 2-way dialogue to identify and commit to specific actions that aim to increase the likelihood of success.
Below is a general recommendation of the format and flow of an opportunity consult.
|Manager Set-Up (5 minutes)||- Set expectations of the call by stating the purpose, process and payoff of the session|
|Seller-Led Opportunity Overview (10 minutes uninterrupted)||- Job aid: Opportunity Qualifier
- Provides brief opportunity background (e.g., relevant account history, recent changes on opportunity)
- Describes current deal state (e.g., sales process stage, forecast stage, key business issues, compelling event)
- Identifies gaps in Mantra, MEDDPPICC, and additional challenges for discussion
|Manager Consult (30 minutes)||- Job aid: Opportunity Coaching Guide
- Ask open-ended, two-sided questions around focus areas to inspect (in a good, helpful way) the opportunity
- Provide relevant feedback and coaching based on the identified gaps and challenges
- Assist the seller in defining an action plan and exactly “how” to execute on the next steps
|Manager + Seller Agree to Action Plan (5 minutes)||- Seller recaps opportunity-specific sales strategy
- Seller documents next steps/critical actions in CRM or via email to manager
Click on the "Sales Manager Materials" drop down in the Command of the Message Additional Resources section.