- You are here:
On this page
Apply this workflow when a customer has lodged a dormant a dormant username request.
When applying any of the Macros ensure to replace the placeholder “REQUESTEDUSERNAME” with the username requested. ______
- Search for the requested username in GitLab.com admin, once found visit the users admin profile.
- Apply the “Account::Dormant Username::Internal Checklist” Macro
- Answer all questions in the “Internal Checklist” (Yes/No) ensuring to cross check the information found in the admin section.
- If all answers are Yes for the internal checklist follow: Username is available
- if the username is not available follow: Username is not available
Username is available
- Reply to the requester with the Account::Dormant Username::First Response Macro
- Create a new ZenDesk ticket with the username owner's email address (found in admin).
- Apply the “Account::Dormant Username::Contact Username Owner” Macro and mark the ticket as Pending.
- Make an internal comment providing a link to the ticket “requesting user's ticket”
- Wait for a response or the ticket to be automatically reopened in 2 weeks.
Username owner responded
If the username owners makes a response (don’t remove my username) follow these steps:
- Apply the “Account::Dormant Username::Cancel Request” Macro to the username owners response.
- Apply the “Account::Dormant Username::Failed Username Request” to the username requesters ticket.
Username owner has not responded
If the contacted user makes no response (within a 2 week period) the ticket will be automatically marked as open and an email sent to the assigned agent
If the username owners makes no response follow these steps:
- Rename the username:
- Navigate to the username in admin - https://gitlab.com/admin/users
- Select “Edit” on the user's profile
- Append “_idle” to the user’s username
- Apply the “Account::Dormant Username::Successful Username Request” Macro to the username requesters ticket and mark the ticket as Solved.
- Mark the username owners ticket as Solved
Username is not available
- Apply "Account::Dormant Username::Failed Username Request" Macro and mark ticket as Solved