- You are here:
- Confirmation Emails
On this page
This workflow covers cases when a user says they are not receiving their confirmation email.
Check GitLab Admin
- In GitLab Admin, search for the user by username or email address to confirm the account has been created.
- No account? Use the ZD macro under
Does not exist or if you believe it's applicable,
Verify self-managed or .com.
- Check the email address against what the user has reported.
Fix Email Address
If the user made a typo:
- Make sure the account in question is a new account.
- When viewing the user in the admin area, click
- Fix the email address to the correct one and save your changes.
On the first attempt, if our email system could not get through (usually server says it's non-existent or similar), then our mail server will put a supression on sending further emails.
- Sign into Mailgun using the
supporteam login in the Support team 1Password vault.
- Go to https://mailgun.com/app/logs/mg.gitlab.com.
- Search the logs using the search on the right for the particular email address and see if email is being bounced or delayed.
Removing a Bounced Email Address Block in Mailgun
- In the list of views at the top, select
- Ensure the left side drop down has
- Search for the email address on the right side.
- Select the relevant entry and delete it.
Resend Confirmation Email
Once the problem has been fixed, you can resend the confirmation email.
Let the user know you've sent a new confirmation email, and ask the user to check their inbox and spam folders.