- You are here:
- 2FA Removal
On this page
Use this when a request to disable 2FA on GitLab.com is received. This policy is covered in the Support handbook policy section.
In future this guide may include 2FA recovery via SSH (user self-service) see https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-shell/merge_requests/74
- Apply the "Account::2FA Removal Verification - GitLab.com" Macro
- Mark the ticket as "Pending"
User responds with ID verification
Ensure the provided photo includes the persons face and ID.
- Ensure the provided ID is one of the following:
- Driver's License
- Military/Government ID
- Permanent Resident Cards
Confirm the ID matches the users last and first name on the GitLab.com account.
- Provided the ID matches, use the Account::2FA Removal Verification - GitLab.com - Successful Macro
- Mark the ticket as "Solved"
User responds with repository verification
- Verify the file uploaded
- File contains the provided text string.
- File has been uploaded to a "Personal Repository"
- Apply an "Internal Comment" with a link to the commit (if not already included)
- Apply the ID matches, use the Account::2FA Removal Verification - GitLab.com - Successful Macro
Failed to verify provided ID or repository
- Apply the Account::2FA Removal Verification - GitLab.com - Failed Macro
User is unable to provide verification
If the user claims they're unable to provide identification we should review the matter internally (Support Team) and determine the best course of action.