Can't find what you're looking for? Try the main People Operations page.
All of the benefits listed below are administered and managed by Global Upside. As part of the onboarding process Global Upside will reach out to team members in their first week to arrange setup and enrollment. Should you have any questions, please contact:
||Questions regarding benefits elections|
Global Upside has a provident fund that the members pay to the government. This is included in the CTC. It ensures retirement benefits and family pensions on death in service. EPF benefits typically extend to all employees in an organization
Member Contribution(% of base salary): EPF: 3.67% and EPS: 8.33%, Total Contribution: 12%
Employer Contribution(% of base salary): EPF: 12%, EPS: None Salary Ceiling: EPF: Mandatory contribution remains up to a monthly salary ceiling of INR15,000
Most companies in India do not offer life insurance as part of the benefits package. Global Upside, similarly, does not offer a life insurance plan to GitLab team members. Most workers in India will typically get their own life insurance which can be portable throughout their lifetime.
Sodexo Meal Cards are an optional benefit. These Meal Cards work like a Debit Card, which can be used at any outlet selling food items and non-alcoholic beverages that accept card payments. If you would like purchase these a deduction from salary will be made each month. All team members are gien the option to opt-in for Sodexo cards during the pre-onboarding process managed by the CES (Candidate Experience Specialist) team.
Total Rewards will consult with Global Upside to ensure that the statute is met.
Gratuity is a statutory offering in India per The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 which is offered through Global Upside based on the Global Upside hire date.
GitLab has implemented a private loyalty bonus scheme since some team members have been contracted through different employment types as we have worked through country conversion processes. Therefore, the GitLab Loyalty Bonus Scheme will supplement gratuity based on the GitLab hire date vs the PEO hire date.
Elibility: One can only claim Loyalty Bonus after retirement or resign from the service after completing 5 years of continuous service.
Forfeiture of Loyalty Bonus: The full amount of Loyalty Bonus can be forfeited if a team member’s services have been terminated due to: a) Riotous or disorderly conduct or any other violent act; b) Committing an offence involving moral turpitude.
Calculation of Loyalty Bonus:
Loyalty Bonus Amount = Gratuity Calculation using GitLab Hire Date + Gratuity Calculation using PEO Hire Date
The duration for Gratuity Calculation using GitLab Hire Date is the duration prior to the hire date of the PEO
Note: The Loyalty Bonus Amount is provided by GitLab to the team members. Any amount which GitLab will pay as Loyalty Bonus would be fully taxable for the team members.
Total Rewards Responsibilities:
All of the benefits listed below are administered and managed by Global Upside.
The Philippine Social Security System has employer and team member contributions to cover benefits such as pension, unemployment, maternity disability, sickness, death and funeral.
The HDMF, also known as the Pag-IBIG Fund, is a provident savings system to provide affordable shelter financing to members employed by local / foreign-based employers as well as self-employed members.
PhilHealth is a government corporation attached to the Department of Health. It provides health insurance coverage and ensures affordable & accessible health care services for all members.
The 13th month pay is mandatory in the Philippines under the labor code and by Presidential Decree 851. Every level of team member is entitled to 13th month pay as long as they have worked at least one month during the calendar year. It is calculated as 1/12 of the total basic salary earned during the year. It has to be paid out by December 24 or the end of the contract, whichever is sooner.
Team members are entitled to
five days of paid vacation leave after 12 months of service, referred to as "service incentive leave" by the Labour Code.
The statutory entitlement for maternity leave is 60 days (2 months) in case of normal delivery and 78 days in case of caesarian delivery.
A male team member is entitled to 7 days of paid paternity leave for the first four children they have. Leave must be used within 60 days of birth.