- You are here:
- Technology Partner Manager
A Technology Partner Manager in our alliances team is working with some of the most exciting cloud and tech companies in our space. This role provides a unique opportunity to build mind share and adoption of GitLab leveraging our ecosystem of partners. Responsibilities include: owning the execution and evolution of partner programs, driving sales acceleration/marketing programs directly with our partners, and ensuring maximum technical engagement while orchestrating with the other GitLab teams. The ideal candidate will have a business background which will enable them to understand ROI goals but also someone who can deliver on planning to hit goals consistently. An architect level understanding of GitLab and the DevOps ecosystem is critical to understanding technical fit and opportunities for partnership. You will be comfortable navigating GitLab as a company, challenge what's working and how we build to improve as part of our workflow.
- Execute annual partner plans with techology companies including ISVs and cloud companies.
- Evaluate effectivity of partner relationships and engagements in delivering positive ROI.
- Be the central point of contact and advocacy at GitLab, orchestrating the partner engagements across the various departments: product, content, marketing, and sales
- Ensure successful execution of marketing and sales acceleration programs, with a drive for measurable outcomes and revenue yield
- Facilitate meaningful relationships between GitLab and our technology partners' teams. This includes partners executive leaders, product managers, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Identify new opportunities for quality, high ROI engagements with partners
- 5-10 years of sales management and/or business development experience in the technology/cloud services industry, preferably in the DevOps space
- Demonstrated repeated success leading partner/client engagement plans to fruitful executions, consistently exceeding key performance metrics
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Significant experience with executive presence and a proven ability to lead and facilitate executive meetings including architecture whiteboards
- Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise
Junior Technology Partner Manager
Junior Technology Partner Managers share the same requirements and responsibilities outlined above, but typically join with less or alternate experience than a typical Technology Partner Manager.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.