- You are here:
- Director of Cloud Native Alliances
Director of Cloud Native Alliances
- Create awareness for GitLab in cloud native circles (presentations, forums, blog posts, 1-1 interaction)
- Lead product integrations with Cloud Native technologies (Prometheus, Jaeger, etc.)
- Be the technical lead for public cloud partnerships in collaboration with the VP of Alliances.
- Educate the CEO and rest of the company on the up and coming cloud native technologies, organizations, people, and alliances.
- Lead corporate development of cloud native technology (talent and technology acquisitions)
- Aware of the cloud native trends, technologies, companies, alliances, and people.
- Based in the city of San Francisco
- History of public speaking at cloud native events
- Coordinate cross-functional work (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, PeopleOps)
- Extensive experience with cloud native technologies
- Deep understanding of open source go to market and business models
- Leadership at GitLab
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.