The Director, Partnerships is a grade 10.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential technology partners and large enterprises.
- Develop (and act on) collaboration plans for key partners, and develop product adoption and customer success plans.
- Lead and develop differentiated relationships between GitLab and our technology partners' teams. This includes partners executive leaders, product managers, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at GitLab and strategic partners to communicate about feature requests, product roadmap, and how the alliance influences timing and direction.
- Understand the relative strength of competitors within strategic partners, if any.
- Evaluate effectivity of partner relationships and engagements in delivering positive ROI.
- Speak regularly in public as the voice for GitLab and the partner
- SA level expertise with GitLab AND the partners technology
- You know the DevOps software ecosystem like the back of your hand.
- You’re comfortable with code, and enjoy talking with developers and engineering directors alike.
- You’ve shown that you can build long term (international) strategic relationships, preferably involving open source software.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Director, Partnerships job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.