In this role, you develop and implement a multi-year sales plan to rapidly grow revenue and build strategic partnerships with large customers. You’re be tasked with continuously enhancing our alliance and partnership organization, processes, and metrics. As a Vice President of Alliances, you will serve as a key adviser to GitLab’s executives, Directors, and the sales group with regards to GitLab’s overall global alliance strategy.
The VP of Alliances is a grade 12.
- Identify, establish and execute agreements with strategic alliance partners to contribute towards our 3-year topline revenue growth plan
- GitLab runs on the cloud environments of Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Alibaba, Huawei, Oracle, and Digital Ocean and many of their products are also part of GitLab
- A recent example of a product that has become part of GitLab is the acquisition of Gemnasium
- Manage efforts to research and identify alliance prospects and targets
- Develop, maintain, and manage the implementation of strategic alliance sales and go-to market plans
- Collaborate with Sales, Products, and Marketing teams to develop new product offerings within existing and new lines of business
- Responsible for identifying potential acquisition partnerships, conducting due diligence and executing on integration strategies
- Manage external contacts, expectations and be the key GitLab Ambassador for our partner relationships
- Measure and report results of alliance sales plan execution and identify areas for improvement and act to implement positive change
- Design, develop and execute engagement plans with Alliance key stakeholder while tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional organizations within GitLab to include marketing, products, finance, legal, sales, engineering and people operations
- Manage each stage of the alliance lifecycle and monitor the ROl and risk for both partners
- 6-8 years of senior leadership (VP or C-level) in planning and closing partnership deals valued at over $50M with enterprise technology companies
- 8+ years of experience in the field of DevOps
- Experience working in a fast-pace, start-up (500 employees and under), building key partnerships during scaling and pre-IPO
- Repeated success in “cradle-to-grave” penetration of Enterprise companies, outlining plans to build opportunities for collaboration and continued success
- Experience migrating large open-source projects to new tools for their communities
- Demonstrated complete understanding of the company, product, and landscape to make informed long-term strategic business decisions
- Established network of executive level contacts within the public cloud space, DevOps and open-source communities. Proven ability to translate those to new partnerships and business opportunities.
- Demonstrated analytical and data led decision-making.
- Based in the city of San Francisco
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.