The CEO reports to the board of directors of GitLab, Inc.
- Set overall strategy.
- Hire great people. Help people that are not a good fit find another job.
- Provide direction for product development with the VP, Product Strategy and the VP, Product.
- Communicate company vision and goals to the entire team and the rest of the community.
- Lead by example.
- Praise the right behavior.
- Keep the board of directors and investors well-informed and engaged in GitLab's continued growth and success.
- Ensure there is enough cash at all times. Secure funding for the company, if needed.
- Continue to be deeply engaged with the entire GitLab community through active discussions on Hacker News, Twitter, etc.
- Make sure that GitLab Inc. acts in the interest of the GitLab community.
- Pricing and business model.
- Actively engage in mergers and acquisitions, if and when those are appropriate.
- Oversee the continued build out of a great team.
- Must successfully complete a background check.
- Leadership at GitLab
The CEO's Performance Indicators are GitLab's KPIs
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.