The CEO reports to the Board of Directors of GitLab, Inc.
- Set overall strategy
- Hire great people. Help people that are not a good fit find another job
- Provide direction for product development with the Executive Vice President of Product
- Communicate company vision and goals to the entire team and the rest of the community
- Lead by example
- Praise the right behavior
- Keep the board of directors and investors well-informed and engaged in GitLab's continued growth and success
- Ensure there is enough cash at all times. Secure funding for the company, if needed
- Continue to be deeply engaged with the entire GitLab community through active discussions on Hacker News, Twitter, etc.
- Make sure that GitLab Inc. acts in the interest of the GitLab community
- Pricing and business model
- Actively engage in mergers and acquisitions, if and when those are appropriate
- Oversee the continued build out of a great team
- Leadership at GitLab
The CEO's Performance Indicators are GitLab's KPIs
Chief Executive Office Roles
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.