- You are here:
- Engineering Roles
- Facility Security Officer
Facility security officers (FSOs) are in charge of managing security in their organization's facilities. They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors.
As a member of the Security Team at GitLab, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams and global customers to provide guidance on security best practices.
The Security Team is responsible for leading and
implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab's security.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as related to all security matters
- Build and maintain an Insider Threat Program
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties in support of security procedures and requirements
- Review and amend as needed security policies and procedures
- Personnel Security - Assisting employees with initiating, maintaining and terminating personnel clearance actions
- Conducting security clearance indoctrination briefings and debriefings
- Must complete required training for obtaining a JPAS account (Cybersecurity and PII)
- Process visit authorization requests in JPAS for personnel for classified visits
- Process notification letters and visit authorization requests for new Task Orders
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives
- Maintain PKI for JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System) - Government database for all cleared people/contractors
- Ultimate responsibility for all cleared personnel as it pertains to getting, keeping clearances
- Support the company as a direct advocate to DSS (Defense Security Services)
- You have a passion for security and open source
- You are a team player, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You are a great communicator
- You employ a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Facility Security Officer
- Leverages security expertise in at least one specialty area
- Triages and handles/escalates security issues independently
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Screen security candidates during hiring process
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.