Facility security officers (FSOs) are in charge of managing security in their organization's facilities. They are responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors.
As a member of the Security Team at GitLab, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams and global customers to provide guidance on security best practices.
The Security Team is responsible for leading and
implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab's security.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as related to all security matters
- Build and maintain an Insider Threat Program
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties in support of security procedures and requirements
- Review and amend as needed security policies and procedures
- Personnel Security - Assisting employees with initiating, maintaining and terminating personnel clearance actions
- Conducting security clearance indoctrination briefings and debriefings
- Must complete required training for obtaining a JPAS account (Cybersecurity and PII)
- Process visit authorization requests in JPAS for personnel for classified visits
- Process notification letters and visit authorization requests for new Task Orders
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives
- Maintain PKI for JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System) - Government database for all cleared people/contractors
- Ultimate responsibility for all cleared personnel as it pertains to getting, keeping clearances
- Support the company as a direct advocate to DSS (Defense Security Services)
- You have a passion for security and open source
- You are a team player, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You are a great communicator
- You employ a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
Facility Security Officer
- Leverages security expertise in at least one specialty area
- Triages and handles/escalates security issues independently
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Screen security candidates during hiring process
Please note: The FSO does not have a grade internally at GitLab.
For more details on the engineering career ladders, please review the engineering career development handbook page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.