- Hires a world class team of engineers to work on their team
- Helps engineers grow their skills and experience
- Create a sense of psychological safety on your team
- Recommend monitoring technical and process improvements
- Draft quarterly OKRs
- Prioritizes and leads the effort to scope GitLab's Prometheus monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Manage the bundling of Prometheus as an out-of-the-box monitoring solution for GitLab CE/EE packages
- Improve coverage of GitLab performance monitoring
- Prioritize features that enable measurement of applications deployed with GitLab
- Create automated alerts to notify team members of regressions
- Ensures that there is a written onboarding and process that is effective and followed
- Performs 1:1's with all reports every 2-5 weeks (depending on the experience of the report)
- Is available for 1:1's on demand of the report
- Uses the contributor analytics to ensure that anyone who is stuck is helped
- Reviews and manages a significant amount of the merge requests made by developers
- Document answers and improve existing documentation
- Write blog posts relevant to the community
- Experience managing a team of developers
- Experience writing and reviewing code for production-level applications in Go and/or Ruby on Rails
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing large amounts of telemetry
- Experience working with time-series databases
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.