Engineering Analytics Manager manages a team of Engineering Analysts that work on data capabilities for the Engineering Division.
- Define the tools and process to deliver data-driven insights for the Engineering Division.
- Define and maintain Engineering Division's data visualizations guidelines and standards.
- Ensure accuracy of Performance Indicators in the Engineering Division and all it's departments.
- Drive efficiency of Engineering Division's dashboards and metrics.
- Author team's quarterly OKRs and project plans to deliver on them.
- Run Engineering Analytics agile process and stand-up.
- Plan Engineering Analytics's long-term tasks and align with Quality Department's direction and vision.
- Hire and growth a team of Engineering Analysts.
- Provide guidance and coaching to Engineering Analysts.
- Collaborate closely with GitLab’s Data team.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A track record of using quantitative analysis to generate insights, and drive better organizational decision making.
- Track record of solving scaling challenges and high growth optimizations with positive impact to the business.
- 5 years or more experience with hands-on SQL and relational databases.
- 2 years or more experience in leadership position managing an analytics team.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools (E.g. Sisense, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with Data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake)
- Clear and concise communication, able to convey complex business logic, and analytical recommendations to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the English language, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Git and source control.
- Working knowledge of basic Ruby scripting.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Able to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Able to use GitLab.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or Economics (MS Prefered)
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive organizational information.
- Successful completion of a background check – see the GitLab Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Nice to haves
- Experience in a peak performance organization
- Enterprise software company experience.
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
Engineering Analytics Manager
Engineering Analytics Manager Job Grade
The Engineering Analytics Manager is a grade 8.
Engineering Analytics Manager Responsibilities
- Author team quarterly OKRs and drive them to completion.
- Align Engineering Analytics team OKRs with Engineering Division's needs.
- Write detailed and actionable metrics proposals, delegate and drive them to completion.
- Drive process and work stream efficiency that results in Engineering Analytics team's output.
- Participate in all of Engineering Key Reviews and ensure that the needs of Engineering leaders are met.
- Collaborate with Engineering leaders on business needs and capture them as requirements for the Engineering Analytics team.
- Listen and capture feedback from team members and prioritize actionable improvements.
- Own the hiring and team formation process of the Engineering Analytics team.
- Provide guidance to Engineering Analysts on technical and non-technical aspects.
- Own project management, agile process of the Engineering Analytics team.
- Collaborate with GitLab’s Data team on data dependencies for Engineering.
- Partner with GitLab’s Data team on training activities for Engineering Analysts.
- Engineering PI Content MR Rate
- Handbook MR Rate
- Open Engineering Analytics Issue Age
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to fill out a short questionnaire.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the hiring manager, currently the VP of Quality
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with a peer Engineering Manager in the Quality Department.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a third technical interview with an Engineering Analyst.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a forth interview with a member of the GitLab Data team.
- Finally, candidates will be asked to interview with the CTO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.