- You are here:
- Engineering Roles
- Support Operations Specialist
Support Operations Specialist
As a Support Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and software systems used by GitLab’s global Technical Support team, primarily our Zendesk instance, and integrations with internal business processes and tools. You will be able to juggle a diverse workload that includes everything from managing user provisioning to troubleshooting custom applications in support of a global organization. As we rely on our systems to support and scale the organization, you will be the backbone and the foundation to our success!
- Develop a flexible process and tool execution strategy to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and company wide initiatives.
- Own and drive projects to completion in agreement with relevant stakeholders in a cross-departmental function.
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support operations requests, prioritize requests according to business impact, and drive to appropriate completion dates.
- Support and maintain several business critical SaaS systems (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Zendesk Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop and maintain system failover processes for customer facing Zendesk apps.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for our Support systems, including App integration, tagging, macros, automations, etc. when necessary.
- Maintain and demonstrate 100% compliance with all written security policies and change management controls and assist with quarterly audits of user access to key systems.
- Understand internal customer's needs and business context to provide outstanding support and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Assist with implementation of new systems as needed to support evolving processes and critically evaluate our use of systems with a view to improve global efficiency.
- 1-3 years experience in SaaS support with proven ability to support diverse customers needs with skill and humor
- Zendesk Administrator or equivalent enterprise application system administration experience preferred with the ability to gain Zendesk Administrator Certification within 6 months of start date required.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude for, and experience supporting, client-server and/or web-based applications and SaaS/PaaS solutions
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Understanding of business processes and ability to translate business requirements into application functionality
- Zendesk enthusiast who thrives on working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- An eye for detail and out-of-the-box thinking
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an agent or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates receive a short assessment from our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute behavioral interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute behavioral interview with our Director of Support
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an additional 45 minute interview with the VP of Engineering
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.