- You are here:
- Merge Request Coach
The main goal of a Merge Request Coach is to help merge requests from the community get merged into GitLab.
- Triage merge requests labeled
- Close merge requests that we don't want, with a clear explanation on the reasons why, so that people don't feel discouraged.
- Help contributors to get their merge requests to meet the contribution acceptance criteria.
- Read the weekly
Merge requests requiring attention email to follow-up on inactive MRs. Each coach should pick a few MRs to follow-up each week.
- Help find and assign merge requests to available reviewers.
- If the contributor is unresponsive or if they are unable to finish it, finish their merge requests. Also, see the closing policy for issues and merge requests.
- Close the original merge request and say that you will finish it.
- Check out the branch locally.
- Make sure a changelog entry crediting the author exists.
- Add your own commits to improve and finish the original work.
- Push to a new branch and open a new merge request.
More information on Merge Request Coach is available in the handbook.