The VP, IT is a grade 12.
- Strategic and operational ownership for systems, business processes and data company wide.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals.
- Prioritize IT initiatives company wide.
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
- Identify opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investment in information systems.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on staffing, outsourcing, purchasing, and in-house development of systems and processes.
- Responsible for information systems budget oversight and cost control.
- Work in partnership with business functions to build a strategy and roadmap that will support rapid growth.
- Participate in and facilitate the strategic and operational process improvement of the organization.
- Coordinate project teams throughout the organization as it relates to Information Systems.
- Identify potential bottlenecks and prepare the company for hyper-growth.
- 4 years of experience as VP Information Technology, CIO or similar role.
- Outstanding knowledge of modern tech stack of cloud applications.
- Extensive hands on experience with design, development and implementation of IT systems.
- Solid understanding of data analysis and data engineering in a hyper growth company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, financial planning and business operations.
- Analytical mind and great problem-solving skills.
- Have or had extensive experience with IT helpdesk function including hardware deployment and system access.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities and history of success working with executives across an organization.
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field. MSc/MA is a big plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
- New Hire Location Factor < 0.69
- Average Delivery Time of Laptop Machines < 21 days
- Cycle Time for IT Support Issue Resolution
- % of company data in data warehouse
- New Data or Functionality every 3 months
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Screening call with a team member from our recruiting team.
- Interview with Director of Business Operations
- Interview with 2+ Business Operations Department members
- Interview with 1-2 executive team members
- Interview with CEO plus 1-2 board members
Please note that a candidate may declined from the position at any stage of the process.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The next step in the VP, IT job family is to move to an EVP or C-level role.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.