Manager, Accounting and External Reporting
GitLab is looking for an essential member who can manage financial reporting, our external audit, coordination with local service providers for each of our entities and equity accounting with a proven ability to keep up with a fast paced environment. You will join our team in its early stages and be responsible for developing a highly efficient, world class accounting and reporting function. We expect you will know your way around GAAP principles, financial statements and be a proven problem solver.
The Manager, Accounting and External Reporting is a grade 8.
- Primary responsibility to coordinate the external audit and review process conducted by external auditors. In this capacity you will work closely with the Technical Accounting Manager and Accounting Operations.
- Primary interface with local service providers for each operating entity to ensure compliance with statutory and tax reporting. In this capacity you will work closely with the Director of Tax.
- Efficient, accurate, and timely production of consolidated financial statements; specifically, managing the financial statement preparation process on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies to support the possibility of a public filing, which would include Form S-1 and the related subsequent SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and Proxy filings.
- Assist with recording, reconciling, and analysis of stock based compensation and equity related accounts and ensure the proper accounting and reporting of the same.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility.
- Assist with monitoring the need for business process improvements and assist with the design processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve financial and operational processes.
- Assist with preparation of reports and presentations for Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings.
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with and support the accounting team in day-to-day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements.
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or similar leadership role
- Public company accounting experience and SEC reporting experience is required
- Ability to contribute to the career development of staff and a culture of teamwork
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements
- Must have experience with Netsuite or other big ERP system
- Proficient with excel and google sheets
- International experience preferred
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to use GitLab
Senior Manager, Accounting and External Reporting
The Senior Manager, Accounting and External Reporting is a grade 9.
Senior Accounting and External Reporting Manager share the same requirements as listed above, but also carry the following:
- People manager of 1 or more
- Initiate design and implementation of new policies and procedures to support new audit requirements and business activities
- Drive the implementation of any tools to improve financial reporting
- Identify the need for resources, hire and train new staff
The next step in the Accounting & External Reporting job family is to move to the Controller job family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.