- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst is a talented, driven individual who has a passion for solving problems.
At GitLab, you get to do more than just write code, you get to build solutions as an engineer with the largest all remote company in the world.
You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal stakeholders and external investors.
- Crack tough business problems and present insights in a compelling way that influences action
- Design and develop BI Strategies to include assisting with ETL, data modeling and building new reports and dashboards.
- Develop, document and implement data models within Snowflake, GitLab’s data warehouse
- Develop financial and predictive analysis
- Assist in systems, scoping and requirements gathering process
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to cross functional analysts
- Understand and document the full lifecycle of data
- Expand our database with clean data (ready for analysis) by implementing data quality tests while continuously reviewing, optimizing, and refactoring existing data models
- Contribute to and implement data warehouse and data modeling best practices, keeping reliability, performance, scalability, security, automation, and version control in mind
- This position reports to the Manager, FP&A
- 3+ years experience in an analytics role. Preferred experience in consulting, investment banking or a high growth startup
- Experience building data models, reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool
- Experience cleaning and modeling large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Experience with a variety of data sources including SalesForce, Zuora, and NetSuite.
- Demonstrate capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex business logic, technical requirements, and design recommendations through iterative solutions
- Deep understanding of SQL in analytical data warehouses (we use Snowflake SQL) and in business intelligence tools (we use Periscope)
- Hands on experience working with SQL, Python, dbt or another modeling language
- Working knowledge of GitLab, Git and the command line
- Working knowledge deploying cohort and predictive models into production
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases, SQL and query optimization techniques, and demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent performance problems
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative environment
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Share and work in accordance with our values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
The Business Intelligence Analyst is a grade 7.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with a Data Analyst
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Manager, FP&A
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Internal Strategy Consultant
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Senior Manager, Sales Strategy
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our VP, Finance
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.