- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Director of Investor Relations
The Director of Investor Relations drives the strategy and long-term market positioning of GitLab in the public financial markets. The Director plays a key role in preparing GitLab to become a multi-billion dollar public company. This position reports to the CFO and works closely with senior leadership across the company including interaction with the executive team. This position will be responsible for developing and executing an effective investor communications strategy, performing financial analysis, and maintaining strong relationships with investors, investment banks and analysts. This role requires a deep understanding of how the IPO process works and will help guide the company on its journey to becoming a publicly traded company. The Director of IR is expected to be deeply immersed in GitLab’s values of transparency and efficiency and has a passionate point of view of how to incorporate those values into GitLab’s investor relations strategy and process.
- Develop long term relationships with industry analysts and investors to communicate the company’s financial results and strategic positioning.
- Design the quarterly earnings process and Q&A topics in partnership with CEO, CFO and executive team.
- Execute on the Company’s investor education strategy to ensure the GitLab story is well positioned to the top 30 software IPO investors.
- Play a lead role in drafting the Company’s S1 registration statement.
- Serve as a key advisor to the CFO on issues involving analyst and investor perception of the long term growth and health of the business.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson with industry analysts, to advance corporate brand narratives with financial data & insights.
- Monitor industry developments and market trends, develop executive summaries for senior leadership and the Board of Directors on peer company news, financial and market share performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with investors by coordinating efficent and effective education events; identify speaking opportunities for e-goup members to position the company favorably at important events.
- Manage information necessary for preparation of strategic financial and investor communications
- Prepare quarterly earnings release materials including press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A and slide presentation; prepare other financial press releases and supplemental materials.
- Liaise with Analyst and Media Relations and Corporate Communications on materials such as press and earnings releases, for dissemination to the public.
- Seven to ten years relevant experience in Investor Relations and related roles.
- Excellent writing skills for crafting scripts, financial presentations, investor kits, etc.
- Confident and strong presentation skills in financial environments and the ability to communicate with sophisticated financial investors.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities with attention to detail.
- Established relationships with relevant sell side and buy side analysts a plus.
- Experience communicating the growth and metrics of subscription-based models a plus.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.