The Expense Specialist will serve as the primary contact for internal and external communications regarding all T&E programs and reimbursements.
The Expense Specialist is a grade 5.
- Audit expense reports for all team members, comparing details and support submitted with GitLab Reimbursement policy and making an independent judgment on approval/denial of submitted expenses through Expensify (expense management system).
- Resolve issues directly with team members and/or their managers related to non-compliant expense reimbursement submissions.
- Compile, analyze, and report expense reimbursement data to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards and policies.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures on how to manage T&E
- Execute ad-hoc assignments/projects as necessary
- Minimum 2-4 years related accounting/accounts payable/expense reporting experience
- Strong proficiency in Expensify or other similar Expense Management Tools Proficient in Google sheet (pivot tables and vlookups, etc.).
- Understanding of VAT reclaim (Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands)
- Intermediate proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Provide a sense of urgency about the work, and have the ability to keep matters confidential when necessary
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Expense job family is to move to the Payroll job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.