The Expense Specialist will serve as the primary contact for internal and external communications regarding all T&E programs and reimbursements.
The Expense Specialist is a grade 5.
- Audit expense reports for all team members, comparing details and support submitted with GitLab Reimbursement policy and making an independent judgment on approval/denial of submitted expenses through Expensify (expense management system).
- Resolve issues directly with team members and/or their managers related to non-compliant expense reimbursement submissions.
- Compile, analyze, and report expense reimbursement data to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards and policies.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures on how to manage T&E
- Execute ad-hoc assignments/projects as necessary
- Minimum 2-4 years related accounting/accounts payable/expense reporting experience
- Strong proficiency in Expensify or other similar Expense Management Tools Proficient in Google sheet (pivot tables and vlookups, etc.).
- Understanding of VAT reclaim (Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands)
- Intermediate proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Provide a sense of urgency about the work, and have the ability to keep matters confidential when necessary
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Expense job family is to move to the Payroll job family.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.