- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Finance Business Partner, (Non-Sales)
We are looking for a trusted finance business partner to join GitLab’s finance team. This position reports directly to the Company’s CFO and will have direct interaction and deliverables to the Engineering function at GitLab. This position does not require expertise related to Sales Finances.
The right candidate for this role will demonstrate strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude, excellent business intuition, and the capability to work at multiple levels, including high level strategy and day-to-day financial details. This candidate must effectively partner with business leaders, yet still adhere to his/her fiduciary duties as a member of the finance organization.
- Partnering with leadership to analyze spend, KPIs and financial performance across products, teams and geographies.
- Working with the operations team to understand cost drivers and allocation methodology.
- Lead financial representative to implement financial model for evaluating and measuring effectiveness of functional spend.
- Primary interface between finance and the functions to ensure costs are properly forecasted, budgeted and monthly results are analyzed against targets.
- Engage with leadership regarding business strategy, go to market, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and quarterly and annual planning.
- Improve on hiring model that incorporates ratios for staffing requirements across all technical functions.
- Assist with contract negotiation, competitive benchmarking and financial modeling to facilitate sound financial decision making.
- Participate in monthly metrics meetings end ensure veracity of financial data and that the financial data is used properly in making business decisions.
- Responsible for Ad-Hoc reporting and financial analysis requests working closely with the leadership teams.
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance preferred; MBA a plus
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience with finance or business analysis background.
- Prior experience in enterprise technology/software/SaaS company required.
- Advanced skills in Google office suite.
- Experience with SQL based data analysis tools. Python a plus.
- Experience with abstract financial modeling, scenario analysis, or monte carlo simulations.
- Hands on experience with data warehousing technologies and visualization layers.
- Articulate and concise with strong communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines.
- Ambitious and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong team player and leadership potential.
- Ability to use GitLab
TODO: Add unique responsibilities and requirements for the Engineering specialty
TODO: Add unique responsibilities and requirements for the G&A specialty
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our FP&A Lead
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a functional leader
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.