- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Staff Finance Systems Administrator
The Staff Finance Systems Administrator is the operational owner of the software applications in the finance and accounting department.
They maintain and optimize the integrations of the ecosystem and work directly with other departments where the tools intersect and the data passes from one system into another. This role is Staff level.
- Primary administrator of all finance software applications
- Drive financial system strategy and direction across Finance and coordinate with other teams such as Sales and Product
- Optimize, enhance, and implement financial applications such as Zuora (or replacement), Netsuite, Stripe, and Tipalti
- Collaborate with other teams to improve system integrations between financial applications and ADP, Expensify, Salesforce, Blackline, BambooHR, and TripActions
- Optimize current financial system processes (order processing, month close) to scale for growth and efficiency.
- Protects data integrity and where data quality is lacking, identify the root cause and address systematically with improved processes
- Facilitate successful implementation of new technology and processes, fostering an organization of continuous process improvement
- Creates and maintains system architectural diagrams and documentation in the handbook
- Manage data, security, and legal governance processes and adherence of guidelines between internal business units and systems in order to ensure efficient and compliant execution of financial management resources
- Provisions, deprovisions, and performs audits of users
- Train financial application users on new tools and changes to existing tools
- Create and manage project plans with clearly defined deliverables and resources, coordinate work streams and dependencies, track and communicate progress, and identify obstacles and ensure they are addressed
- Ability to use GitLab
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years in a business and/or systems role
- Financial ecosystems expert including system rules, workflows, formulas, sandboxes, and customization of all standard and custom objects
- Demonstrated ability to drive and lead cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence colleagues, fostering strong working relationships
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, netsuite and understanding of CPQ
- Experience with ASC606 and Sox Compliance
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab and open source software
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
Nice to Have
- MacOS experience
- Google Suite experience
- A love of open source
- Experience with SaaS products
- Experience using GitLab/Git
- As with all roles in the Finance Department the Staff Finance System Administrator participates in the team KPIs.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.