- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- General Ledger Accountant
GitLab is adding the next essential member who can help support the accounting team by ensuring accurate ontime results in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets and various other accounts
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Assist with daily banking requirements as needed
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in project implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Ensure compliance of internal controls as related to SOX
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Provide backup support to the accounts payable team as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and management inquiries
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements
- 5+ years of related accounting experience, public company accounting experience is a plus
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Must have experience with Netsuite
- Proficient with excel and google sheets
- International experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.