- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- International Tax Manager
The International Tax Manager adds value to GitLab’s overall tax strategy including all components
of tax: meaning tax planning, tax compliance, tax assurance and accounting for income taxes. The succesful
candidate is a Jackie / Jack of All Trades. You report to the Director of Tax and will be part of an awesome
Finance Team in an all-remote, demanding high-growth environment.
- Play a significant role in establishing GitLab’s global tax strategy
- Tax Planning
- Support the implementation of non-structural tax planning strategies
- Participate in proposed Transactions to advise the Finance Team on Tax Consequences
- Support USA and foreign tax integration of acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings into the corporate structure
- Transfer Pricing
- Ensure adherance to the Transfer Pricing Concept
- Maintain Transfer Pricing Documentation
- Tax Compliance
- Ensure Global Corporate / State Income Tax Compliance
- Closely work together with finance team members on VAT, Sales, Use Tax compliance
- Ensure Global VAT compliance to electronic services
- Take ownership of the control cycle to mitigate risks of Permanent Establishments
- Take ownership of the cycle to mitigate employment tax risks
- Tax Audits
- Evaluate requests and participate in developing strategies
- Support the coordination and implementation of tax audit strategies
- Financial Reporting
- Support preparation current / deferred income tax expense for financial statement purposes
- Evaluate uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations
- Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts
- Lead technology and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information is provided to the Finance team
- Implementation and assurance of control cycle compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on technical matters relating to tax applications
- Degree in Business Taxation (Master's / JD / CPA)
- Proven track record of personal growth in your career path
- Relevant experience in a Big 4 environment and/or Business environment (preferrably both)
- Affinity with Software and/or SaaS in a high growth environment
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team environment
- International tax experience required with preference for candidates in EMEA
- Ability to managing multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our CFO
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Legal
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our External Tax Advisor
- Finally, candidates will have a 30min call with either our CEO or a GitLab Audit Committee Member
Additional details about our process, benefits and compensation can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.