IT Helpdesk Analyst
The IT Helpdesk Analyst is a grade 6.
- Triage all IT related questions as they arise
- Build a knowledge base of IT practices and pragmatic problem solving in the handbook
- Account management for password resets and lockout
- On call support for immediate software and hardware issues during local business hours
- Diagnose computer errors and provide technical support
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Support Weekly IT Onboarding Sessions for new Team Members
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies
- Provide technical support over the phone or Web
- Use specialized help desk support software to take control of end-users' computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Experience with Google Workspace and an interest in its administration
- Some experience Automation & Scripting Mac and Linux environment
- Hands-on experience supporting Mac and or Linux
- Tolerance for repetitive or manual tasks, with a mind for automating said tasks
- Some experience with SQL and Python
- Configure, build, test, and deploy
- Experience working with Git
- Ability to use GitLab
Performance Indicators (PI)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with one of our Sys Admins
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with one of our Executive Admins
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The next step in the IT Helpdesk job family is to move to the TODO job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.