IT Operations System Administrator
The IT Operations System Administrator is a grade 6.
- Work with Security, PeopleOps and Business Operations to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop secure integrations between Enterprise Business Systems and with our Data Lake
- Develop tooling and process to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Build API Integrations from the HRIS to third party systems and GitLab.com
- Triage all IT related questions as they arise
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to champion initiatives
- Spearhead onboarding and offboarding automation efforts with a variety of custom API integrations, including GitLab.com and third-party resources, not limited to our tech-stack, with scalability in mind
- Ability to build and maintain multiple databases to maintain accountability of company assets and resources
- Experience administering Google Workspace
- Automation & Scripting experience deploying software to laptops and other devices - we are a Mac and Linux environment
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux
- Hands on experience working in GCP environment
- Experience working in a cloud native environment
- Design and implement any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Very comfortable with SQL and Python
- Configure, build, test, and deploy multiple HR systems integration solutions
- Experience working with Git
- Ability to use GitLab
Lead IT Operations System Administrator
Performance Indicators (PI)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Senior Total Rewards Analyst
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with one of our Security team members
- Candidates will be then be invited to schedule a call with our Director of Security
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The next step in the IT Operations System Administration job family is to move to the TODO job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
- Transparency: over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered
- Iteration: empower people to be effective, Merge Request rate, everyone using the product, DRI, have an impact
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: high percentage of women,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Compensation: pay at or above the 50th percentile, stock options, office equipment
- Work/Life Harmony: don't compete on hours worked, flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: all remote, prolific inventor of best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.