- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- IT Operations System Engineer
- Work with Security, PeopleOps and Business Operations to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop secure integrations between Enterprise Business Systems and with our Data Lake
- Develop tooling and process to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Build API Integrations from the HRIS to third party systems and GitLab.com
- Triage all IT related questions as they arise
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to champion initiatives
- Spearhead onboarding and offboarding automation efforts with a variety of custom API integrations, including GitLab.com and third-party resources, not limited to our tech-stack, with scalability in mind
- Ability to build and maintain multiple databases to maintain accountability of company assets and resources
- Experience administering GSuite
- Automation & Scripting experience deploying software to laptops and other devices - we are a Mac and Linux environment
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux
- Hands on experience working in GCP environment
- Experience working in a cloud native environment
- Design and implement any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Very comfortable with SQL and Python
- Configure, build, test, and deploy multiple HR systems integration solutions
- Experience working with Git
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Senior People Operations Analyst
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with one of our Security team members
- Candidates will be then be invited to schedule a call with our Director of Security
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Unfortunately GitLab is not hiring at your selected country at this time. Please read our hiring handbook
for more details.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.