- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Payroll and Payments Manager
GitLab is adding the next essential member who can help drive operational improvements within our finance department. You will join our team in its early stages responsible for developing a highly efficient, world class accounting process. This person will administer and improve our global payroll and payments process. You will be responsible for 100% of payments to GitLab contributors globally.
- Coordinate all global payroll processing operations.
- Ensure that all relevant data is processed and track through the relevant payroll systems.
- Responsible for working with local tax and legal advisors to ensure the company follows local regulations with respect to payroll.
- Work closely with GitLab contributors and the People Ops team to ensure timely response to questions and requests that have been processed.
- Complete filings for payroll subsidies, where applicable.
- Accounting lead for implementation of new payroll systems.
- Accounting lead for other global payroll systems.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies and principles.
- Manage Payroll Specialist - US, Payroll Specialist - EMEA, Expense Specialist
- Primary ownership for management and external reporting.
- Development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of payments to contributors.
- Primary contact point for external audit with respect to payroll matters.
- Coordinate with other auditors as needed.
- Support overall department goals and objectives.
- Proven work experience as a payroll administrator.
- Experience with large payroll platforms such as ADP or Paychex.
- Been responsible for at least one international payroll function.
- Public company experience with Sarbanes Oxley a plus.
- Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Proficient with google sheets.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Controller.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a People Business Partner.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our CFO.
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.