The Procurement Operations Analyst supports procurement and spend management activities for all spend categories.
Theywork cross-functionally to analyze spend data, research suppliers, and support the preparation and analysis of strategic sourcing events.
- Support the Procurement Team and internal stakeholders for procurement and sourcing related initiatives.
- Maintain and update the procurement process to meet the business needs in a rapid manner.
- Support the business stakeholders with requisition and process questions or challenges.
- Conduct analysis in various tools to support procurement activities including spend analysis, budget analysis, bid analysis, etc.
- Leverage spend analytics to identify consolidation opportunities, understand total cost of ownership, and rationalize opportunities.
- Update and leverage data within multiple enterprise software solutions to support business objectives.
- Analyze market intelligence to build business cases and cost models to identify and quantify improvement opportunities for demand management, process improvements, build vs. buy, etc.
- Develop and maintain procurement metrics (Performance Indicators, benchmarking & SLAs) with collaboration of procurement and internal stakeholder teams.
- Provide procurement reporting on a recurring basis.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Ability to navigate cultural differences and build global but locally relevant solutions
- Strong social and communication skills (verbal and written), across all levels
- Excellent organizational, time management, and priority setting skills
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in Google Docs
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a member of our recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Senior Procurement Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with a Business Systems Analyst
- Next, the candidate will be invited to interview with a Finance Business Partner
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.