- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- “Revenue Manager”
The Revenue Manager is responsible for all day-to-day revenue accounting operations and month-end financial reporting requirements while ensuring compliance with revenue recognition policies, procedures and internal controls. The Revenue Manager will report to the Controller and will help drive process improvement projects as Gitlab continues to grow.
- Review and summarize customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Partner with Legal department and business teams to interpret complex or unique contract provisions or new revenue initiatives. Research and document accounting issues and recommend solutions for complex transactions as needed.
- Key contributor in the monthly financial close, ensuring accurate and timely recording of transactions and the completeness of financial statements.
- Work closely and help manage transactions with the billing and deal desk teams
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, entries and contribute to the financial reporting process
- Develop and document processes and controls, and identify opportunities for streamlining processes and increasing automation to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Support external and internal audit requirements
- Work as liaison with project teams to develop or improve finance solutions, including the design, implementation and review of systems
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
- 2+ years experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm or SaaS company
- Experience in applying revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606). Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices skills
- Experience managing critical projects such as system implementations, ERP system enhancements, and system upgrades.
- Strong understanding of process and operations in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within the US and abroad).
- Be a self-starter, have a positive attitude, maintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Zuora, RevPro, Netsuite system knowledge
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to meet with two other members of the billing team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.