Senior Director, Enterprise Applications
The Senior Director, Enterprise Applications, reports to the VP of Information Technology, and leads a team of highly-collaborative and results-oriented IT staff tasked with delivering global, high value IT applications across the company. The Senior Director has the skills, experience, drive and passion to ensure that GitLab has the appropriate IT applications to achieve/exceed corporate objectives; to ensure business alignment with executive team members and sponsors; and to anticipate the needs of the business and scale the team to stay ahead of the curve. This function challenges the status quo; thrives and is successful in a dynamic environment.
This team member must be motivated and successful at mentoring by building and sustaining professional relationships at all levels of an organization. The Senior Director has well-honed problem solving and decision making skills, is agile and adaptable, and can effectively manage change. This function is both strategic and tactical, can influence adoption, is results oriented, and has a strong client service orientation. The Senior Director has the reputation for raising the bar in terms of quality and execution.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Applications is a grade 11.
- Strategic and operational IT Application ownership for the following areas: Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Legal
- Drive executive level communication / support for the IT Applications strategy
- Partner with key business sponsors / executive stakeholders to deliver high value IT solutions
- Drive operational excellence while leveraging KPI's to measure the success/value of the IT Applications team
- Develop and maintain relationships with client organizations to ensure their IT Application expectations are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Develop and manage plan of record for the IT Applications portfolio; while driving culture of delivery to commitments
- Fifteen+ years’ experience in IT, with ten+ years' experience leading and managing an IT organization or Applications group at a fast growing high technology company.
- Excellent change management skills and ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SaaS based solution and cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop global applications organization in collaboration with overall IT strategy.
- Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable in compliance and information security.
- Current on business applications, trends in IT and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions
- A process-oriented individual, with substantial project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Candidate must have proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Excellent team management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Relevant business/industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential.
- Ability to use GitLab
Performance Indicators (PI)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our VP, Information Technology
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with our CFO, VP, Field Operations, and VP, Finance
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
The next step in the Enterprise Applications job family is to move to the VP of IT job family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.