The Senior Director, Enterprise Applications, reports to the VP of Information Technology, and leads a team of highly-collaborative and results-oriented IT staff tasked with delivering global, high value IT applications across the company. The Senior Director has the skills, experience, drive and passion to ensure that GitLab has the appropriate IT applications to achieve/exceed corporate objectives; to ensure business alignment with executive team members and sponsors; and to anticipate the needs of the business and scale the team to stay ahead of the curve. This function challenges the status quo; thrives and is successful in a dynamic environment.
This team member must be a leader and mentor who is successful at building and sustaining professional relationships at all levels of an organization. The Senior Director has well-honed problem solving and decision making skills, is agile and adaptable, and can effectively manage change. This function is both strategic and tactical, can influence adoption, is results oriented, and has a strong client service orientation. The Senior Director has the reputation for raising the bar in terms of quality and execution.
Senior Director, Enterprise Applications
The Senior Director, Enterprise Applications is a grade 11.
- Strategic and operational IT Application ownership for the following areas: Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Legal
- Drive executive level communication / support for the IT Applications strategy
- Partner with key business sponsors / executive stakeholders to deliver high value IT solutions
- Drive operational excellence while leveraging KPI's to measure the success/value of the IT Applications team
- Develop and maintain relationships with client organizations to ensure their IT Application expectations are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate level.
- Develop and manage plan of record for the IT Applications portfolio; while driving culture of delivery to commitments
- Fifteen+ years’ experience in IT, with ten+ years' experience leading and managing an IT organization or Applications group at a fast growing high technology company.
- Excellent change management skills and ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with SaaS based solution and cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and develop global applications organization in collaboration with overall IT strategy.
- Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable in compliance and information security.
- Current on business applications, trends in IT and experience evaluating/implementing new innovative IT solutions
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Candidate must have proven ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and meet all financial and management goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Excellent team management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential.
- Ability to use GitLab
Performance Indicators (PI)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our VP, Information Technology
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with our CFO, VP, Field Operations, and VP, Finance
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.