- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and execution of audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, monitoring the status of implementation of audit recommendations, and helping with any advisory or ad hoc work as desired by management. The Internal Auditor brings a systematic, disciplined approach to the assessment and improvement of governance, risk management, and control process.
Senior Internal Auditor
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan for business units in the assigned audit portfolio
- Develops detailed and thorough risk assessment for each audit engagement
- Owns each assigned audit from the initial planning to completion
- Effectively communicates the objectives, scope and timelines of the audit to the auditees and relevant stakeholders at the start of the engagement
- Documents detailed working papers and ensures that audit conclusions are supported by sufficient and relevant audit evidence
- Effectively communicates audit findings to the auditee
- Drafts audit reports including value-added observations
- Follows up and monitors the progress of the implementation of recommendations
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with business and corporate functions
- Supports the alignment of activities between the control functions (i.e. Compliance, Finance, External Auditors, etc.) to improve communications and efficiency of audit and risk management activities
- Assists with quarterly and annual reporting to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Performs advisory engagements, investigations and special projects as assigned
- Continually improves skills and competencies required for the position
- Identifies opportunities for internal audit to provide value added services to the organization
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of the standards and guidance included in the International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) developed by the IIA; stays current with evolving knowledge in the field of Internal Auditing; maintains compliance with IIA standards and its Code of Ethics
- Minimum five (5) years experience conducting internal audits, including minimum two (2) years of experience in Information Technology industry in internal / external audit preferred.
- Audit experience at a public accounting firm is considered as an asset
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and frameworks and related governance concepts, tools, techniques, and best practices
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Accountant/ CPA /CIA certification preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations are considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have an understanding of enterprise risk management framework such as COSO enterprise risk management framework
- Ability to communicate information in an understandable form to the right parts of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, both within Internal Audit and across other departments
- Must be able to work in US and Canada timezones, when required
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Senior Internal Audit Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second round of interview with Principal Accounting Officer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a final round of interview with our CFO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.