The Internal Auditor – SOX has the responsibility of executing the assessment of Internal Control Over Financial Reporting including Entity Level Controls, IT General and Application Controls and Process Controls in scope for CEO/CFO Certification.
- Involved in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance requirements and testing of internal controls.
- Interacts with managers and finance team to document the process and conducts testing of internal controls on an ongoing basis.
- Applies knowledge of internal control concepts and experience to support the Internal Audit team with performing the evaluation of various business processes.
- May support the operational audits to ensure compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with customer service orientation.
- Self-starter and flexible team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing processes and procedures.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Must have moderate SOX compliance experience and be knowledgeable with the following financial cycles: Record to Report, Order to Cash, Hire to Retire, Procure to Pay
- Comprehension of internal auditing standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- Must be able to work during US and Canada timezones with the overlap of at least 4 hours
- Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required
- Technical auditing skills and corporate-level audit experience required
- 5+ years of experience in SOX/internal audit preferred, of which at least 3 years of SOX experience required
- Chartered Accountant/CPA/CIA certification preferred
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Senior Internal Audit Manager
- Further, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Senior Accounting Manager
- Further, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our CFO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.