- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Stock Administrator
Responsible for administering GitLab’s equity incentive program which includes option and RSU grants to team members. Process transactions with Carta (or similar system) for employee grants, exercises, repurchases, cancellations and handles other duties related to employees and contractors stock options and other equity grants. Will be diligent in answering employee questions and resolves problems regarding equity plans and grants. Responsible for documenting and improving the company’s policies and processes in the GitLab Handbook. Maintains employee equity database, updating information and running required and requested summary and detail reports. Prepares and distributes grant documentation and agreements for new-hire and ongoing grants electronically. Works on special initiatives related to equity granting and reporting including tax, compensation and accounting projects.
- Support day-to-day administration of the company’s equity programs, including processing new equity awards, exercises, cancellations and repurchases.
- Maintain data in Carta online database to ensure accuracy of participant information.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding equity programs and education while providing excellent service to plan participants at all levels.
- Collaborate with PeopleOperations, Legal and Payroll teams on equity related items as needed.
- Prepare reports for internal partners and respond to ad hoc data requests.
- Assist with development and delivery of employee trainings and communications.
- Will assist in the future with preparation and filing of Section 16 reports (Form 3, 4 and 5) and tracking of executive 10b5-1 plans.
- Lead role in setting up and administering ESPP plans, if applicable, including enrollment, contribution changes and semi-annual purchases.
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of 83-B information and reporting requirements.
- Owns responsibility for ensuring compliance with US and international tax laws regarding equity incentive.
- Considered a specialist in the field within the function.
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrates further technical development and a track record of project success.
- 3-5 years of relevant equity administration experience on the Carta platform.
- Experience with both Option and RSU programs.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation.
- Familiarity with International tax law relating to equity programs.
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills.
- Prior responsibility working with Big 4 CPA firms in connection with audits.
- Sensitivity to employee privacy laws such as GDPR and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Experience with international stock options and equity grants.
- CEP Level II Completion (or in process of obtaining CEP Level II).
- Experience with Online systems.
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Principal Accounting Officer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Financial Officer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Compensation & Benefits Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our People Business Partner
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.