Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax
The Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax report to the VP Tax and will interact with one peer and several Tax Department members.
Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax Job Grade
The Director of Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax is a grade 10.
Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax Responsibilities
- Staff mentoring and supervision
- SOX control implementation, testing, and narrative writing
- Process implementation for global income tax accounting
- Interaction with Big 4 financial statement auditors
- Working with outside service providers on projects including but not limited to:
- Domestic income tax compliance
- Sales tax compliance
- Maintenance of a domestic compliance calendar
- Domestic tax audit supervision, both direct and indirect taxes
- M&A and purchase accounting (income and indirect taxes)
- Tax account reconciliation
- Working with Finance team members on intercompany settlements
Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience with Software and/or SAAS in a high growth environment.
- Technical understanding of ASC 740, ASC 718, and ASC 805 for global operations
- Spreadsheet modeling for ASC 740, tax return workpapers, and project planning
- Tax and tax provision issues relating to stock based compensation, including contra-DTAs produced by Sec. 162M
- Some working knowledge of VAT/GST, transfer pricing, and US international taxes including FDII, GILTI, BEAT, FTCs and Subpart F
- Project management
- Audit supervision
- Memo writing
- Taking initiative and also working as a team player
- Experience with NetSuite, SalesForce, Zuora, Coupa, GSuite and Avalara are plusses.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Timely, complete, and accurate completion of tax accounting
- Timely, complete, and accurate completion of tax returns
- Efficient use of company resources
- Project management (successful drive projects to completion, regardless of the resource chosen)
- Technical abilities
The next step in the Director, Tax Accounting and Domestic Tax job family is Sr. Director within the Tax Department.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our VP, Tax
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Director, Tax
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our VP, Corporate Controller
- Finally, candidates will have a 30min call with either our CFO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.