- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- Technical Accounting Manager
GitLab is looking for an essential member to further strengthen out finance department. You will join our team in its early stages and support in developing a highly efficient, world class accounting process. We expect you to deeply understand GAAP accounting principles, and how to apply those principles to GitLab’s financial statements.
- Assist in determining and documenting the Company’s accounting policies and position on relevant transactions.
- Review of non-recurring journal entries to determine appropriate classification.
- Must have good technical research skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the operational accounting team and business functions.
- Provide periodic technical accounting trainings to the members of the Accounting organization.
- Coordinate with external audit (Ernst & Young) on technical accounting issues.
- This position will initially be an individual contributor but we expect this person to build a highly functioning, distributed team over time.
- Provide support to the accounting close process, including preparation of US GAAP financial statements.
- Proven work experience in a Technical Accounting role.
- Fair knowledge of SEC filing requirements, experience highly preferred.
- Must have at least three years of work experience in a Big 4 CPA firm.
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements.
- Proficient with google sheets.
- Revenue recognition, namely 606, experience highly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Senior Technical Accounting Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Accounting and External Reporting Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.