The Cash Management job family will focus on leading and enhancing day-to-day cash management and treasury operations for the organization, including potential hedging of intercompany and foreign currency expense and stock administration. The VP, Cash Management will work closely with finance management to ensure appropriate financial systems and processes have been put in place to effectively manage corporate treasury risks. This job family will oversee all aspects of the cash management function worldwide.
- Direct Responsible Individual and owner of and will lead the monthly close process for our GitLab’s equity and treasury management and is responsible for achieving our target for days to close.
- Handle Project Management as directed by the PAO. This will include projects on close to report efficiency, cash management and other projects as needed.
- Will develop and ensure compliance of GitLab’s cash management and stock administration policies and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting standards.
- Will direct compliance for Treasury management which includes investment of cash, hedging activity of expenses and intercompany activity and overall banking arrangements. This may include revolving line of credit management and debt covenant reporting.
- If the company does common stock issuances, preferred stock offerings or debt financing, this role will handle the accounting and management of these items.
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting cash, treasury and stock operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- As part of this role, will work with the PAO and CFO on insurance management.
- Will assist in driving overall banking arrangements and bank strategy. This will include foreign exchange management and limit foreign exchange expenses.
- Partner effectively with other finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Subject matter expert to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Sets the standard as a leader and coach for increased levels of employee job satisfaction and employee engagement through development and mentoring of the stock and treasury team.
- Leader in hiring and developing remote employees.
- Proven experience developing and leading a high-performing cash management group.
- Leadership experience at the Vice-President level in a software or global technology company. Will have both Public and Private Company experience.
- Detailed experience with specific knowledge of strategic and tactical vision and understands and drives best-practices to guide a high-performing cash management team.
- The Vice President has demonstrated strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial issues.
- Professional acumen and demonstrated ability in addressing business issues and ability to explain to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with investor facing teams to showcase the company's cash and stock strategies.
- Has driven international teams working with overseas cash and stock operations.
- Leader in driving change management and process efficiency.
- Over fifteen to twenty (15-20) years of experience dealing with complex cash and stock matters.
- Experience driving banking arrangements and insurance management.
- Proven success as a VP managing complex global business entities, and proven ability to handle the cash/stock/debt reporting duties.
- Demonstrated technical experience with complex stock/cash/debt management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the details behind transactions, understand business processes and resolve issues at a deep level with the acumen to drive process efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in processes while improving employee engagement and ownership.
- Self-motivated team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to individuals at all levels in the organization and other associated internal customer teams, with demonstrated experience in mentor and lead distributed teams.
- Ability to work with the FP&A/Tax/Investor Relations/CIO organization on all aspects of PMO functions and cash/stock/debt management.
- Proven ability to explain complex issues across the organization and resolve those issues.
- Ability to both grow in the role and grow with the company, demonstrating leadership capabilities and upward progression. Viewed as the DRI on all cash/stock/debt issues and processes.
- Ability to use GitLab
The Vice President, Cash Management is a grade 12.
- Debt covenant management
- Foreign exchange hedging strategy
- New hire location factor
- Cash efficiency and investment strategy
The next step in the Cash and Project Management job family is to move to a senior leader or executive leadership job family which could be the PAO role or similar.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Meet with PAO for 50 minutes
- Meet with Key Reports and Key Finance Leaders - Director of Treasury, VP Corporate Controller, Sr. Director Revenue - for 30 minutes each
- Meet with People Business Partner for the CFO Organization for 25 minutes
- Meet with VP of Finance for 50 minutes
- Meet with CFO for 50 minutes
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.