The Vice President of Tax is responsible for GitLab’s overall tax strategy including all components of compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The Vice President of Tax will work with advisors, service providers, GitLab’s auditors, the Audit Committee and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. The Vice President of Tax will regularly report to the Company’s Board of Directors and/or Committees of the Board to update the members on the Company’s tax strategy, practices and exposures.}
Vice President of Tax
The Vice President of Tax reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Vice President of Ta} is a grade #12.
- Responsible for establishing GitLab’s international tax strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing completion of Federal and/local state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Responsible for all global tax returns for the Company’s operational jurisdictions.
- Responsible for overseeing GitLab’s VAT, Sales, Use and Property tax functions, including filings, strategies and compliance issues.
- Responsible for oversight of US GAAP and Statutory Audits of international, federal and state income tax and state and local filings, including strategies and compliance
- Responsible for and oversight over the accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Primary responsibility for coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements, including strategies, compliance and oversight.
- Responsible for building and growing a world-class tax team.
- Will work closely with the PAO and VP of Finance teams on tax issues, reporting, forecasting and budget issues.
- Key member for review and approval for establishment of new entities, working closely with Legal and Accounting.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Ensure the Company implements and maintains controls compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley, including appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes}
- Ability to use GitLab
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- Experience with Software and/or SAAS in a high growth environment.
- Must have demonstrated a hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- International tax experience required
- Leadership at GitLab}
- Effective Tax Rate](https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/tax/performance-indicators/#effective-tax-rate-etr)
- Budget vs. Actual
- Audit Adjustments
- Effective Tax Compliance and Strategic Outlook}
The next step for the Vice President of Tax job family is not yet defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.