- You are here:
- Finance Roles
- VP, Financial Planning and Analysis
The VP of Finance is responsible for implementing financial processes and systems as GitLab continues to grow. The team member has proven success developing robust financial reporting processes, financial controls and insightful KPI dashboards necessary for a fast-moving leading software/SaaS company. Experience leading a company through an IPO process and operating as a public company post IPO. This leadership role actively partners with other leaders across the GitLab team in addition to leading finance organization. The VP finance has a passion for how the finance function can transform the strategy, accountability and operations of the Company as a whole. The position reports directly to the CFO.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure an effective and robust finance and planning infrastructure: manage the Corporate FP&A team as well as the Finance Business Partners that support the business functions.
- Responsible for maintaining the financial planning cadence on a rolling 4 quarter basis.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and communicating the Street Model to internal and external constituents.
- Develop integrated and scalable financial systems that provide highly predictable and understandable financial results.
- Ensure timely and accurate budget vs actual analysis and future projections.
- Work with leaders of business groups to ensure forecasts and financial targets will be achieved.
- Responsible for creating KPI and dashboard framework such that all KPIs have definitions and are integrated into the Company's financial model.
- Ensure non-gaap financial metrics are properly defined, measured and reported on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly board package for review and analysis by the Board of Directors.
- Analyze the company's financial results - profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Build detailed financial modeling processes that are consistent across Company.
- Work closely with internal and external investor relations team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 15 + years of related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority with most of this experience in the technology industry
- Experience with Software/Saas company with revenues in excess of $100M.
- Five + years experience leading the finance function in a public company.
- Experience supporting IPO preparation
- Track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
- Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and highly predictable financial models.
- Experience with Anaplan, Adaptive insights or other financial planning tools.
- Plan vs Actual
- Sales Efficiency
- New hire location factor
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Screening call with a team member from our recruiting team.
- Interview with CFO
- Interview with 1-2 finance team members
- Interview with 1-2 executive team members
- Interview with CEO plus 1-2 board members
Please note that a candidate may declined from the position at any stage of the process.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto.