- You are here:
- Legal Roles
- Director, Contracts and Legal Operations
Director, Contracts and Legal Operations
The Director, Contracts and Legal Operations is responsible for managing the contract management team. At the direction of the VP of Legal, the Director, Contracts and Legal Operations will standardize the contracting process and will be part of the tiered escalation process. This is a remote role.
Build a cohesive contracting team and implement efficient processes in support of our customer sales organization Work closely with members of the Legal team to develop and improve applicable standardized forms, processes, and procedures Understand the Company and products in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including services, consulting, marketing, licensing, non-disclosure, data privacy, and other commercial and technology related agreements
Requirements for candidate
- Minimum of 7 years of contracts drafting, reviewing and negotiation experience at a software technology company
- BA/BS required. JD, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience successfully managing and growing a team.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology-related agreements.
- Previous experience creating and implementing business processes to make the legal operations more efficient.
- Experience creating contract negotiation playbooks and other tools to standardize contract negotiations.
- Experience with contract management databases, Conga Contracts, ContractWorks a plus.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment would be ideal.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our VP of Legal.
- Candidates might at this point be invited to schedule with an additional team members
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.