The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Legal team in areas of commercial contracting, corporate finance, compliance, and other matters as needed.
- Responding to and running point on internal and/or external questionnaires.
- Assist in-house legal team in coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance documents.
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate acquisitions.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in opening confidential case files, gathering documents and information, managing outside counsel support, and tracking progress on open matters.
- Conduct research in support of the legal team, as required.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and affinity for use of various types of technologies.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- A curious mind who does not back down from a challenge.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to use GitLab.
The Junior Paralegal reports to the Director, Legal.
Junior Paralegal Job Grade
The Junior Paralegal is a grade 5.
Junior Paralegal Responsibilities
- Support administration of legal issue tracker and Legal page in Handbook.
- Prepare or support attorneys in preparing standard agreements as assigned.
- Support responding to internal and/or external compliance and other questionnaires.
Junior Paralegal Requirements
- 1-2 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity preferred but will consider comparable experience outside the legal department.
- Paralegal certification preferred but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification.
The Intermediate Paralegal reports to the Director, Legal.
Paralegal Job Grade
The Intermediate Paralegal is a grade 6.
- Administer, maintain and manage the legal issue tracker for the particular subject matter to which the role is assigned.
- Prepare standard agreements for subject matter to which the role is assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity.
- Paralegal certification.
The Paralegal, Employment collaborates with the Director of Legal, Employment to conduct research and monitor employment law developments that affect our global team member base.
- Includes the junior level responsibilities.
- Draft employment-related agreements.
- Develop employment-related policies.
- Identify and develop employment-related training.
- Manage global employment-related projects as assigned.
- Conduct research and monitor employment law developments.
Employment Performance Indicators
The next step in the Paralegal job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiter.
- Next, candidates are invited to schedule a first interview with the hiring manager.
- Next, candidates are invited to schedule with additional team members.
- Finally, candidates are invited to interview with the director.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.