- You are here:
- Legal Roles
The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Legal team in areas of commercial contracting, corporate finance, compliance, and other matters as needed. This role reports to the Vice President of Legal - Commercial, IP, and Compliance.
- Administer, maintain and manage the legal issue tracker and contract management database systems.
- Prepare standard sales contracts for customers.
- Responding to and running point on customer and vendor questionnaires.
- Assist in-house legal team in coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance documents.
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate acquisitions.
- Conduct research in support of the legal team, as required.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity.
- Paralegal certification preferred but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification.
- Strong attention to detail and affinity for use of various types of technologies.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- A curious mind who does not back down from a challenge.
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 min screening call with our Global Recruiter.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the hiring manager.
- Candidates might at this point be invited to schedule with additional team members.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment would be ideal.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.